|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created/hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. You can find out all the important stuff here.|
Top Ten Books of 2014
I might technically be a week late with this one, but personally I think all these "best of" lists come a couple weeks early in the month. I mean, do no good books get read in December? Sure, in my case, pretty much everything I read in December is a book I've read before because I'm allowed to buy books in December, what with Christmas coming at the end of it and...and I think I've forgotten my point. So, let's just get on with the list. Starting with 10...
10. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
9. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
8. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
7. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
6. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
5. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
4. Pivot Point by Kasie West
3. The List by Siobhan Vivian
2. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
1. If Your Find Me by Emily Murdoch.
Okay, so, for the record, to make this list a book had to be read by me this year, obviously, but not necessarily released this year, though. I think only three of these were released this year (feel free to correct, it's nearly Christmas and I'm too lazy to Google right now). It also had to be read this year for the first time, re-reads don't count, otherwise you'd be looking at the whole Grisha trilogy, the first three books of the Uglies series, Neil Gaiman's Stardust, Kathryn Stockett's The Help and If You Find Me. It wouldn't still take the top spot, but it would definitely make the top ten!