Friday, 13 December 2013

ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE

Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.

Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no words for this book. Literally none. It is one of the weirdest things I have ever experienced, and I have seen the film Killer Joe. (Well worth a watch, by the way, just be prepared for how utterly insane it is). I spent most of the book not sure whether I liked it or not, but about two-thirds of the way through I decided that I didn't. Up until that point, I thought there was still hope for it. 

The first warning sign for me was the poetry. Annaliese writes poetry. I can't stand poetry. 

There just seemed to be something lacking here. It wasn't as creepy as I wanted it to be, it wasn't as mysterious as I wanted it to be, the characters weren't as interesting as I wanted them to be. I think part of the problem was that I had such high hopes for this book after reading the synopsis and many glowing reviews of it. It just couldn't live up to my expectations. Honestly, I was a little bored.

I'm sure I had other thoughts about it, but it's been a while since I read it and I don't like to take notes when I read because that feels like work and I enjoy reading a hell of a lot less. This book hasn't put me off reading others by Quinn, but I'm not sure I could recommend this book to anyone either.



No comments:

Post a Comment