Thursday, 11 July 2013

June Mini Reviews

So I've spent the last month trying to edit my manuscript, and so I've not really had a lot of time to blog, though I somehow made time to read several books! So, I was thinking that what I'd do, instead of doing full reviews of each one, I'd catch up by doing a one-sentence review of each one.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
Not my favourite of his by a long shot, but still undeniably good.

We Are Here by Michael Marshall
A few interesting paragraphs out of four hundred miserable pages wasn't enough for me and I just couldn't enjoy this book.


Angelfall by Susan Ee

Not a bad story, but if I was the publisher, I would definitely have hired an editor to take a quick look.

Look Into My Eyes by Lauren Child
The spin-off of the Clarice Bean series, but with none of the wit or charm of the original - a big disappointment for me.

Honestly, not a great reading month for me overall, since the only one of these books I actually liked was the Gaiman one (and even then I wasn't a huge fan, I felt it tailed off a bit towards the end) but I've just finished Courtney Summers' debut novel, Cracked Up to Be, and utterly loved it, so I'll be posting a full review of that in a few days. Here's hoping July turns out to be a bit better for me. I hope so, I've bought something like twelve books in the last fortnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment