Thursday, 20 June 2013

SIEGE AND STORM

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Alina, the Darkling and Mal are all back in this sequel to the fantastic Shadow and Bone, and many are saying that this book is in fact better than the first instalment. I'm not sure I agree with that, because the Darkling is, for the most part, absent here. In fact, Bardugo has employed the same little trick that Stephenie Meyer used to keep Edward fans happy when he was absent for the majority of New Moon. Now, I could criticise this, but honestly, I didn't notice it until after I'd finished reading. I missed the Darkling, sure, he's my favourite character in this series - I want my own, I really do - but I didn't spot that Bardugo was doing the same thing as Meyer. That might have impacted my enjoyment a little, but it didn't. I thought this book was fantastic. I want the final one now, right now, but at the same time, I don't really want this to end. I haven't loved a series this much since Harry Potter, and there really is no higher praise that I can give.



No comments:

Post a Comment