Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

1 - Okay, this is extraordinarily picky (even for me) but in Goblet of Fire, Harry worries about spending an hour in the lake because he's never had swimming lessons. I'm sure he was worried about the whole not being able to breathe thing as well, but there was definitely mention of him not being a strong swimmer. And yet, he doesn't hesitate to dive into icy water at the bottom of a cliff - water that is inaccessible by boat because of how dangerous it is. I mean, sure, he probably trusts that Dumbledore won't let him drown, but still.

2 - Can house-elves do laundry? Random question, I know, but it's been kind of niggling at me for a while. I can't imagine the Malfoys having an elf to cook and clean for them, but do their own laundry. And don't say they'd just use magic, because they can use magic for it all, they don't need a house-elf. And it's not like they can have washing machines.

And that's it. That's all I had to say about this one. I love this book, it's my favourite, and not just because it's the one where Dumbledore dies. I couldn't say why it's my favourite, but it is. Oddly, or perhaps not oddly at all, Half-Blood Prince has always been my least favourite of the films. It's the only one that they really butchered, where they cut things I considered crucial to the story and added in completely nonsensical random things - like blowing up the Burrow. I was never a huge fan of any of the films, they've grown on me with time, but this one still really irritates me. Reading the book again has made me realise just how much.



No comments:

Post a Comment