Monday, 4 February 2013

GONE GIRL

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

On their fifth anniversary, Nick's beautiful wife Amy disappears from their home. There is evidence of a struggle, but some of the details don't quite add up. And Nick is the prime suspect.

Okay, so I don't know what I can actually say about this book without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it - except that you should all go and read it now. But first, a warning - I thought the first 250 or so pages were quite dull. The information in those pages is crucial for appreciating the utterly amazing pages that follow them so you really do need to drag your eyes across them, but trust me when I say you will be rewarded. That being said, I wasn't completely satisfied with the ending (I can't explain why that is without giving the story away) but those pages in between were so brilliant that I was able to overlook everything else. And that's not something I do very often. So go and read it. Immediately. And then we'll talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment