Friday, 1 February 2013

Flashfiction Fridays

So, it's February 1st and it's also a Friday, so I should be typing up a flashfiction right about now. Except, Flashfiction Fridays are going to be on hiatus for a while. I know, I know, I haven't technically done one since the end of November (I got a job, and then Christmas, and then January) but I was going to do one today. Promise. Thing is, this morning, I also started writing a new novel. I managed 1600 words, but I already know it's not working. It needs more time to evolve and develop. I need more time to think about it before writing it.

The biggest issue is that I don't know the characters yet. There are a lot of them, more than I usually have to keep track of. So, instead of a weekly flashfiction, this month I'm going to write something in the voice of one of my characters so I can get to know them all a little better. I won't be posting them here, I just thought I ought to address my distinct lack of flashfiction posting in the last two months and the next one. Hopefully, in March (God, March, that sounds so far away) I'll be able to go back to writing flashfictions.



No comments:

Post a Comment