Tuesday, 30 October 2012

FUN SIZE

First of all, let me explain my reasoning behind going to see this film:
1) It's by the people who created Gossip Girl. So, the people who did Gossip Girl in the days when Gossip Girl was good.
2) The trailer made me laugh.
3) I was warned that seeing Skyfall would be a family event and that I wasn't allowed to go and see it without the rest of my family in tow. Which meant I had to find something else to see. Given that Taken 2 had a very similar caveat and I've seen a load of films the last few weeks, the pickings were slim.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, the film itself. Which was awful.

I mean, seriously, this might be one of the worst films I've ever actually seen. And I have seen Slap Her, She's French. Don't ask, there's no justification as far as that one is concerned.

If you're going to make a movie without a story, it either has to have characters you care about or it has to be funny. If wanting to shake them and ask them why they were so stupid counts as caring about the characters, the film had the first one, but I don't think that does count. And it was so painfully un-funny that we honestly thought about giving up and leaving. If there hadn't only been a couple of other people in there (or none at all), we probably would have done it.

So please, I beg you, learn from my stupid mistake and don't go and see this film. Unless you're really drunk, it might make a good drunk-movie. And, okay, if I have to say one good thing about this film, the kid is adorable. He doesn't talk, so he stays cute. But that is it. Literally it. What's interesting is that my brother says Johnny Knoxville, arguably this film's biggest star (and if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know, I don't know what would) is listed on IMDb as uncredited. Johnny Knoxville didn't want his name on this movie. Even the guy from Jackass considered this complete crap. Enough said? I have to go and punish myself some more for my stupidity.



No comments:

Post a Comment