Monday, 13 August 2012

Film Titles that Don't Stick

Okay, so I've been to the cinema quite a bit recently, and I've noticed something. We've not been using the full names of the films. Even in conversation (actual human-to-human conversation rather than something like Facebook chat). Here are a few examples:

The Dark Knight Rises - which I and many others have been referring to as simply The Dark Knight. This tended to become a little confusing when comparing it to the actual The Dark Knight.

Snow White and the Huntsman - Snow White, obviously. The actual title was just too long and unwieldy. Funnily enough, though, the Huntsman was the part of the film we were most interested in.

Marvel Avengers Assemble - which we all referred to by its original title, The Avengers. I am prepared to bet that not one person (other than my mother) confused it with the TV show.

The Amazing Spider-Man - a bit like The Dark Knight Rises, this has been commonly referred to as the new Spiderman movie. Except in my house, where a certain person kept referring to it as Spiderman 4. She hasn't even seen Spiderman 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment