Monday, 13 June 2011

Resolutions

Last night, I made a resolution.

This is not uncommon for me. I have this tendency to make resolutions on a Sunday night. And have forgotten all about them by Monday morning. And then when I remember them at around 3pm, I dismiss them, saying that they were stupid resolutions anyway.

Last night was a bit different. I decided that I need to be more productive (I'm aware that I made the same resolution last Sunday, but this one had a focus). I'm unemployed. Nobody seems to be hiring students for part-time permanent, or full-time temporary work. I can't afford to pay my rent, but there doesn't seem to be a lot that I can do. And so I made a decision. Weeks ago, I had a Careers Guidance meeting, and it was recommended that I try to get some work experience over the summer. And I decided to apply for at least one thing today.

And I did.

Well, I tried to. For starters, I don't really know where to start, but I found that Macmillan Publishing have a work experience scheme, or so it appears. They listed an email address to contact, and I did. I actually did. Except my emails aren't going through. I keep getting those infuriating "Delivery Notification: Failure" emails. And I don't know what the problem is. And I can't find anywhere on the website where I can report a problem.

So, I don't know what to do. For once, I actually tried to act on one of my ridiculous resolutions, and my attempts failed. Which sucks. I'm hoping it's a problem with their website, one that'll be fixed so I'll try it again tomorrow, or the day after or something. It's just a bit depressing, is all.

After a weekend with nothing to do, when it was chucking it down and I was stuck inside with my family for two days, I needed a bit of productivity. But don't worry, I'm hoping this need to do something will inspire me to actually do some writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment