Friday, 24 June 2011

I have my life back!

Hello, world!

This is just a quick update, because I can finally switch off my laptop and leave the house. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration (why on earth would I leave the house?), I just mean to say that I can finally stop refreshing Vue cinema's website every 20 minutes (or 60 after 8pm) because I HAVE TICKETS TO A MIDNIGHT SCREENING OF HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART TWO. Yes, I am a little bit excited.

Although not as excited as I should be. In fact, I'm pretty pissed off about the whole thing. I have to go to a midnight showing. Not just because I HAVE to, but because my schedule means that if I don't see it at midnight, I won't see it until the next week. Possibly the next weekend. Which is unacceptable. So, I have to see it at midnight. That isn't an option for me. Which is fine, I guess, because I wanted to go at midnight anyway.

Another option that I don't have is whether I see the film in 2D or 3D. I want to see it in the 2D. My cinema will only permit me to see it in 3D. Which is unacceptable. No, more than that, it is an absolute disgrace. I don't want to pay the extra money to see a 3D film, especially not when it means wearing a pair of 3D glasses over my regular glasses. Noses are not designed to accomodate more than one pair of glasses at a time. They're just not. I saw Tangled in 3D, and spent the entire film holding up the 3D pair of glasses because they kept sliding down my nose until the frame was blocking the screen.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's just my nose, but even if I didn't wear glasses, I would be furious about this. All films should be available in 2D from the day of release. 3D should be the bonus, not the other way around. I wanted to see Thor, really wanted to see it, but the cinemas near me were only showing it in 3D when it was released. Six weeks later, they did their first 2D screening. And I couldn't go.

I'm sick of this 3D thing. I didn't mind it so much when it started. If people want to waste their money and watched a film that's dimmer and a little fuzzier, just so that two or three times in a couple of hours something can jump out of the screen...well, that's their choice. But to interfere with the 2D screenings? No, this is unacceptable. Something has to be done. Unfortunately, I can't find anyone to complain to about this except individual cinemas. Who don't really give a shit, because they're making more money of 3D screenings.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment